Career and Learning Resources - Archived Webinars
The Partnership's webinar courses are recorded and saved as Internet videos. You may watch the recorded webinar presentation and listen to the instructor and attendees in these video recordings, but you cannot interact or ask your own questions.
To view a webinar recording you are required to have a computer with a connection to the Internet and speakers or headphones connected to that computer to listen to the audio. You also need Windows Media Player to view the videos. If you do not have Windows Media Player you may download it for free. Find out more about recorded webinars and how to view them.
The Partnership Webinar Recordings Archive
- Best Practices for Resume and Interview Preparation
(wmv) - 5/20/15 - length: 55 min. - Have you ever wondered what information to include on your resume? Are you a job seeker who is worried about how to answer those difficult interview questions, or keep your nerves under control? If so, this webinar will be a good starting point. It will cover the basics on how to present your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a professional way, whether on paper or in-person.
- Career Options within NYS Government: Glossary of Titles Tool (GOT-IT) (wmv) - 4/23/14 - length: 47 min. - During this webinar, the Department of Civil Service's Career Mobility Office (CMO) will demonstrate a useful online resource tool called GOT-IT (Glossary of Titles - Inquiry Tool) to assist State employees in searching specific job titles, occupations, career ladders, and career mobility opportunities.
- College Credit: Alternative Approaches to Save Money (wmv) - 12/11/13 - length: 49 min. - This course covers non-traditional ways for employees to obtain college credit that could save them time and money.
- Dealing with Stress (wmv) - 10/31/13 - length: 1:08 - This course helps employees recognize and manage the stress of work assignments and the anxiety of juggling work and life demands. Participants learn about the mind-body connection to stress and gain knowledge about ways to reduce stress, thus improving their work and personal lives.
- Designing Dynamic PowerPoint Presentations (wmv) - 1/30/14 - length: 55 min. - This webinar explains how to avoid creating dull and uninteresting presentations. By using Microsoft PowerPoint to demonstrate best practices in planning and design, participants will gain knowledge about how to create memorable and powerful presentations. Participants do not need to have the PowerPoint software on their computer to view this webinar, but familiarity with its basic tools and features is recommended.
- Introduction to Green Technology (wmv) - 11/7/13 - length: 1:08 - This webinar provides an overview of green technology and related projects underway in New York State. It identifies the opportunities and benefits of incorporating wind, thermal, and solar energy into work and personal environments. The factors that drive the need for green technology and the fiscal and environmental benefits of adopting green business practices will also be covered.
- Internet Research Skills (wmv) - 3/6/14 - length: 1:04 - The internet contains an enormous amount of information from both reliable and unreliable sources, and wading through this material can be overwhelming. This course provides strategies for employees to find helpful and accurate information quickly.
- Trainer Community of Practice: Creating Yawn-Proof WebEx Training (wmv) - 6/5/14 - length: 58 min. - During this presentation to the NYS Trainer Community of Practice, participants explored the tools and techniques available in WebEx to conduct training webinars.
- Using the Merit System (wmv) - 4/9/14- length: 1:25 - This webinar will simplify basic Civil Service terminology and will provide a common sense approach to understanding the rules and regulations that govern the merit system.
- Writing Effectively (wmv) - 3/20/14 - length: 1:00 - This webinar helps participants learn techniques for planning and organizing their writing.
Career and Learning Resources - Frequently Asked Questions
What is a recorded webinar?
In a live webinar meeting or course, attendees use their computers to view the instructor's presentation and interact with other students and the instructor by phone. Some of the Partnership's live webinars are recorded as an Internet video. You may watch the presentation and listen to the instructor and attendees in these video recordings, but you cannot interact or ask your own questions.
Who can view the recorded webinars?
Anyone may view the Partnership's recorded webinars.
How do I access the recorded webinars?
These webinars are recorded as videos that you can watch on your computer and listen to through your computer's speakers or on headphones connected to the computer. Your computer must be connected to the Internet to access the video.
You also need Windows Media Player to view the videos. If you do not have Windows Media Player you may download it for free.
Do I need any special equipment to view the webinars?
To view a webinar recording you are required to have a computer with a connection to the Internet and speakers or headphones connected to that computer to listen to the audio, and Windows Media Player. We recommend that you do not use a dial-up connection to the Internet. A computer purchased in the last five years is best to view the recordings. However, you may find that older computers can also be used (you may have to test it).
Will viewing a recorded webinar result in a Partnership certificate?
No. While you may view one of the Partnership's recorded webinar courses, you will not receive a course completion certificate.
[Back to the list of recorded webinars]
Updated: June 23, 2015